A Brief History
In 1959, James C. Cleveland and Robert P. Bass, Jr., merged their law practices, establishing the law firm now known as Cleveland, Waters and Bass, P.A. A year later, Warren Waters left the chairmanship of the Public Utilities Commission and joined the firm.
In 1963, Jim left the firm, beginning a distinguished career in the U.S. House of Representatives. After concluding his congressional service in 1981, Jim rejoined the firm and maintained the firm’s New London office until his death in 1995.
Rob became widely regarded for his trusts and estates practice. After his retirement in 2004, he continued active involvement with the Republican National Committee and a host of charitable organizations, including the Currier Gallery of Art and the New Hampshire Charitable Foundation. Rob died in 2011.